Cobble it together and gobble it up!

Friday 8 July 2011

Marble run

This morning's making activity was building a marble run on the side of the fridge freezer (the front of a SMEG isn't magnetic) with old kitchen roll and toilet roll tubes.
First we decorated them by cutting and sticking on strips of coloured card. Then we let them dry and tried to find marble substitutes - I thought I had some but turns out I've 'lost my marbles'! I found some suitably sized beads from necklaces that have been broken by baby grabs over the years. I always save them thinking I will put them back together but I never ever have!
Then we tried to line the tubes up. I had intended on using magnets but the ones I had were nowhere near strong enough so we used sellotape instead. It was surprisingly tricky to line up. We got interrupted by tea time so we need to work on it more tomorrow - maybe Daddy will be better at that job!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...