Cobble it together and gobble it up!

Tuesday 4 October 2011

Pirate treasure box

We missed 'International talk like a pirate day' this year, which is a shame as we enjoyed it so much last year. It was on 19th September. But Max came home from nursery going on and on about Pirates. So we made some treasure and a treasure box. Then we made a map and gave it to Ollie to find the treasure chest when he came home from school.
The treasure was made by wrapping plastic bottle tops (I knew I had been collecting them for a reason!) in aluminium foil. And we made the box with some cardboard boxes and some coloured paper.
When Ollie got home Max gave him the map and then immediately led him to the treasure, way too excited to play the game properly! I had hid a few bits for their snack in there too!

I was very impressed at Ollie. Who proceeded to write a 'pirate note' stating "This treasure is Ollie's and Max's" I was so impressed by his spelling that it took me a while to notice the correct use of the apostrophes! He is 5 and already better than me at English grammar!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...