Cobble it together and gobble it up!

Tuesday 19 July 2011

A bad rainbow day

Today everything I have touched has gone wrong in one way or another! I left my wallet on top of my car after doing the shopping! The boys jacket potatoes exploded! We went outside to do a painting and then it started to rain and you will see what happened to their pudding! I think I would like to go to bed and start again tomorrow!
Anyway, the plan for today was to do a few rainbow related activities, sing the song, find things around the house in each of the colours etc.
We also decorated a piece of mdf we had knocking about to make some form of stair barrier for Charlie. Not sure if it will work but our stairs are an annoying width and type and as we are only tenants we won't be able to put up anything complicated.

Then we tried to make a rainbow sponge in a jam jar but this is what happened when we cooked it in the microwave for 2 mins! I was hoping it would stay in the layers but obviously the microwaves cook in a different way as they all came up from the bottom, and I must have been over generous with the mix as there was far too much to stay in the jam jar.
 I will persevere with this and try and get it right another time but for now they still looked great in a bowl with some smarties and hundreds and thousands! Very psychedelic... though not very natural!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...