Cobble it together and gobble it up!

Friday 17 June 2011

Ice Lolly? One slice or two?

The cups I have are just too big, and they take up a lot of space in the freezer. This seemed like a fantastic solution to all the problems!

I needed to use up some ageing fruit, so I bunged 3 nectarines, 2 bananas and half a punnet of blueberries in the blender with some yoghurt and orange juice. Whizzed it all up and put it in a loaf mould. After a few hours in the freezer it was stiff enough to put the sticks in without them falling over. Put it back in the freezer to firm up fully over night.
I had to leave it out for 5 minutes before it was soft enough to cut with the knife, but it worked well.  
And even Charlie tried a little bit - it was his first ever food. I think he liked the feeling of the cold on his gums more than the taste of the fruit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...