Cobble it together and gobble it up!

Tuesday 10 May 2011

Super easy chocolate honeycomb ice cream

This is my mother in law’s recipe for Crunchie ice cream that she used to make for my husband and his sister when they were young. I was introduced to it a couple of years ago and it was so scrummy and moreish I couldn’t believe how easy it was to make! There is no ice cream machine required, no getting the ice cream out the freezer part way through and mixing it up. And it is smooth and scoopable straight from the freezer.

I have used the basic recipe to make multiple variations, adding Fudge bits (as in finger of Fudge), crushed up Malteasers, Smarties and KitKats. But Crunchie is still my favourite (closely followed by Malteasers) – it’s the really fine bits of dust that flavours the ice cream all the way through that does it! I wonder if mint Aero would work?

Honeycomb ice cream recipe

5 Crunchie bars (smashed up making sure there is a good mix of dust and big chunks!)
1 tin Condensed Milk
500ml Double cream
Whisk the cream into soft peaks. Add the tin of condensed milk and continue whisking (I use the kitchen aid). Then fold in the crunchie pieces, pour into an empty ice cream tub and freeze! See told you it was easy!


                           

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...