Cobble it together and gobble it up!

Wednesday 26 October 2011

Bircher muesli

Lately we have been in to having Bircher muesli for breakfast during the week. It's really quite filling and I don't get hungry during the morning in the same way as porridge.
We make a dry mix which include oats (about 200g) we buy oats that have bran in as well, handful of sunflower seeds, sprinkle of poppy seeds, raisins, dried blueberries or whatever I have - pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries, whatever...and keep it in tuperware in the cupboard.
Then the night before we want it, I put into a small bowl enough for me and my man for one morning. Then I add a grated apple, some milk & apple juice (enough to cover the oats), and putting it in the fridge overnight. Then in the morning add a big spoonful of natural yoghurt and some poached fruit and a drizzle of honey if you fancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...