Cobble it together and gobble it up!

Friday 14 October 2011

Chestnut Cake Pops

Today's school holiday activity was making these chestnut/conker inspired cake pops. I was inspired by some truffles I saw in this book but decided to make them as cake pops when I saw that a walnut cake was on sale in Sainsburys.
This is how we made them;
Smush a walnut cake like this into crumbs, then mix in a large tablespoon of nutella (warmed in the microwave for 10secs), plus 2 tablespoons of some chestnut paste (I had some in the cupboard that I had never known how to use!), and a teaspoon of peanut butter.
Refrigerate this mix for a while, then roll into balls. I made 20 about the size of large marbles.
Then I put a few drops of blue food colouring into some ready made golden marzipan to make it green. Use the marzipan to make little blankets to wrap around the chestnut cake balls.
Then put on a stick and cover the outer with melted chocolate which you agitate with the back of a teaspoon to give a spiky look as it dries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...