Cobble it together and gobble it up!

Saturday 15 October 2011

Apples, apples everywhere!


This wasn't my car but I feel like it should have been!
Our neighbour offered us some cooking apples from his friends garden and we happily accepted, excited at the idea of the lovely treats we could make.
But, I have since become afraid to leave the house, as every time I do, there are 2 more huge bags full! I think we have had 12 bags so far.
Over yesterday and today I have made;
6 litres of unsweetened puréed apple which I have frozen for future apple pies and crumbles
an ice cube trays worth of the naturally sweetest ones for Charlie to eat
2 more litres of sweetened and spiced cooked apples for apple pies this weekend
4 pints of apple, lime and ginger juice to which I plan to add some stock syrup and churn in the ice cream maker to make some sorbet
6 jars of indian spiced apple chutney
6 jars of apple, tomato, smoked paprika and chipotle chutney
plus we have send in 2 bags to Tom's friends and had baked apples for pudding today!

Our dream home has an orchard in our mind's eye, but please can we not have too many apple trees!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...