Cobble it together and gobble it up!

Saturday 21 July 2012

A glut of walnuts - Walnut, Parsley & Goat's cheese pesto


Our recent trip to my sister-in-laws beautiful French abode saw us return home laden with a big sackful of walnuts their garden. I am not actually very keen on walnuts but these walnuts were lovely as they hadn't any of the bitter taste of the skin, I think because they were quite young still.
So I spent 2 days shelling the little beggers, so that they didn't take up as much space for moving, and set about thinking what to do with them. 
I found some interesting recipes but decided to stick to one of my favourite things, homemade pesto.
I made this batch with walnuts, flat leaf parsley, a hard goats cheese, olive oil & lemon juice, salt and pepper.
It served as an accompaniment to pasta, but was also delicious mixed with a bit of plain yoghurt as a dip for crudites.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...