Cobble it together and gobble it up!

Tuesday 1 November 2011

Bonfire Bread

Oh my God - THIS is GOOOOD

We made this for our first ever Skype dinner party with my sister and brother in-law at the weekend. The dinner party was a raging success and this was the most delicious thing ever!

It is a recipe I found on the internet - Good food - I think, but adapted to the ingredients I had available

200g wholemeal flour
200g plain white bread flour
1 tsp bicarb
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
25g butter melted
300ml milk
175g cheddar cheese
2/3 of a small packet of pumpkin seeds, toasted in a dry pan
2 peppers burnt on the gas flame and peeled
1 small tub olives

Sift dry ingredients and pour the liquid into a well in the middle and combine to a soft dough. Add all the extras (but put some cheese and seeds to one side to top the rolls before baking). It was quite a wet dough which I was worried about but went for it anyway.
I formed into 6 rounds about 2 fingers thick on a silicon sheet.
I baked for 30mins in a 170*c preheated oven. Cooled on a wired rack, but ate while still warm with a delicious sausage, lentil, pumpkin & porcini casserole.
I will definitely make this bread again. It's lovely and easy with no proving or waiting and so scrummy with all those delicious things in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...