Cobble it together and gobble it up!

Friday 2 March 2012

Drawing frames


We made these ages ago, but a friend commented on how much she liked them the other day and that she was going to copy the idea, so it made me think it might be good to post about them to pass the idea on to others.
We made three (one each) and the picture of their choice goes in until they choose another one. It helps them make decisions about which of their work they are most proud of. 
It also keeps down the volume of pictures I need to keep. The ones they choose for the frames are the ones I then scan into the computer to save for prosperity (I have included a drawing section in their annual photo books - see here). I do love kids' drawings. It's not even that they are my kids' ones. There is something so wonderful and free about them. I love seeing how they see the world and the stories they make up within them are fabulous.
We made them with cardboard. Simply cutting out a frame shape and then layering up with twiddly bits to make it look a bit more like an ornate frame.
Then, on the back I stuck thin strips of card about 1-2cms wide, onto 3 of the 4 sides of the window, then stuck a full card rectangle on to this. This leaves a slot for the paper to fit into on one side There is a piece on the back and a slot to put the picture into. It is stuck to the wall with bluetack and so can be either way up. We painted them and then went crazy with the glitter to make them extra special. 


Addition: I saw this idea the other day on Pinterest. It is a company that turns children's drawings into soft toys. I love it. Maybe one day?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...