Cobble it together and gobble it up!

Monday 11 February 2013

Home Sweet Home. Wool wrapped wall decoration



Following a Pin - spot (see here) for a kids DIY Yarn Font. I decided it was just the thing for a blank space in the dining room just as you come in the front door. I have been wanted to do something like Home Sweet Home or Welcome to our Home and this seemed like just the thing.
I didn't do it exactly the same way. I didn't have any wire and I knew pipe cleaners would not be long or strong enough so I used my new found, favourite, lightweight, modelling material..... scrunched up aluminium foil.
Then super simple - tied on scraps of wool/yarn and wound it round and round. I then stuck it to the wall using command strips. And I LOVE it. It is my new favourite thing in the house. It is so colourful and homespun, it can't help but raise a smile and make me feel all warm inside everytime I see it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...